When I was young I always said I wanted to be a doctor because I wanted to help people. This desire stuck with me growing up but presented itself in a different way than traditional medicine.
When I turned eighteen I started working at a health club in my hometown of Tyler, Texas and became very interested in personal training and nutrition. At the time my main interest in these subjects were for my personal improvement in fitness and performance, but soon after I changed my major to Kinesiology (study of human movement) and became a Certified Personal Trainer.
During college I gained some experience playing football at the junior college and division III level, while personal training at the same time. I was blessed to be able to put everything I learned from school into practice immediately with my clients and myself.
My passion is to help you reach your optimal level of wellness and performance by teaching you nutrition, resistance training, and corrective exercises.
- Worked at a corporate fitness facility as a personal trainer for three years.
- Started and managed my own women's boot camp for 2 years.
- Helped manage East Texas' number one sport performance facility (APEC) for 2 years
- Finished my BS in Health & Kinesiology (Human Movement) at the University of Texas at Tyler
Moved to Oregon August of 2011
- Work as a personal trainer and sports performance coach at the Nike World Headquarters
- Always pursuing more knowledge in my field
- B.S. Health & Kinesiology
- Certified Personal Trainer (Cooper Institute)
- Certified in Biomechanics of Resistance Training (Cooper Institute)
- Certified Sports Performance Coach (USAW)
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM)
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Level 1 & Level 2 Advanced Correctives
I am married to Scarlett Victoria Caruthers
I have a dog named Kingston (Toy Australian Shepherd)
Favorite Movie: Forest Gump
Favorite TV Show: The Office
Favorite Foods: Bacon, Ice Cream